Thursday, August 27, 2015

Even shorter fingers now?!

Just a quick update on mom… The last update I posted some pictures of her right hand ring and pinky fingers, where the bone is sticking out a little bit at the end. Her body basically had naturally amputated the dead tissue from the dead tissue. She had to go in for surgery to get those bones cut down a little bit and then the tissue sewn over to close it up. Our bones aren’t supposed to be exposed to air, so they were dying and splitting. She’s still all bandaged up, so I don’t have any pictures of them post-surgery, but I have some with the bandage. 




On her feet, her middle toe was having some issues where it’s open and you could feel the bone inside. I think that was another case of “bones exposed to the air are not happy”. The doctor went in there and snipped the end of the bone off (mom didn’t feel it, dad cringed – yikes – no anesthesia or anything!) then cleaned up the dead tissue. It’s now healing up better than ever. Plus her big toe is no longer seeping and is almost all healed. I’ll post some pics at the very end with a warning – they’re pretty hard on a weak stomach.

I believe they’re planning to schedule a surgery to remove the large 39mm kidney stone: they’ll schedule in October for a November surgery. But that’s still a ways off.

As far as work goes, she had to take some time off after the finger surgery. I think her body just needed to sleep to heal up, because she had a hard time staying awake for a few days afterwards. But now, she’s going gangbusters! Yesterday, she worked an 8.5 hour day!! I think it’s just hard to type, because of the bandages.

I’ll be taking some more shots of her when we get together for Labor Day weekend, aka BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA!! Mom, Christina, and I all have birthdays within 5 days of each other.

It’s been almost 7 months (Saturday will be the actual 7 month date). Just posting updates as I have them.


Toe pictures ahead... Fair warning...



.



..





....




....






Middle toe


Big toe:


2 comments: